2017年5月16日火曜日

The Little Mermaid


I read The Little Mermaid, a book in the Usborne Young Reading Series. It was retold by Katie Daynes.

The story is well-known as a love story so everyone known it yet. But this story of this book is different from the known it. So, I will introduce it today.

The little Mermaid longed to see the world above the waves. "Will the wind stroke my hair?" she wondered. "Will the sun kiss my cheeks?". On her fifteen birthday she finally rose up like a bubble of air. And she fell in love with a man onto the balcony of his house. She wanted to go and see him everyday, so she want legs. She visited to the sea witch and hoped it. And she got human legs in exchange for her voice. Of course she can never go back to her father's castle in the sea. Though she immediately went and saw him, he have already married other woman. The world she loved was lost to her. "You can never go back," said the witch's voice inside her head. "Forever," whispered the foaming surf. With tears streaming bown her cheeks, the brave little mermaid disappeared into the welcoming waves.

Maybe you known The Little marmaid is a happyend love story. But it is very different. This is a heartbreaking love story. When I finished reading it, I was surprised. I want the little mermaid to marry the man and to be happy. But I thought love has happyend and badend.

If you are interested, please read it.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....