2018年11月29日木曜日

BR4: London

     Today I read " London", a book in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by John Escott.




     Come with us to London - a sity as old as the Romans, and as new as the twenty-first century. There are places to go - from Oxford Street to Westminster Abbey, from Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to wimbledon Tennis Club. And things to do - ride on the London Eye, visit the markets, go to the theatre, run in the London Marathon. Big, beautiful, noisy, exciting - that's London.


     I have a lot of things I would like to do if I go to London. First, I would like to have authentic afternoon tea. Speaking of Britain, there are people who answer "tea" or "afternoon tea". That culture has been penetrated among us as a birthplace of Britain. It is now possible to get it in a hotel in Japan, but still the home is exceptional! When I visit London, I definitely want to taste authentic afternoon tea. Also, I want to try to get on a London bus. Post and the red retro atmosphere phone box. The mark of "UNDERGROUND" is a mark of the subway where the red circle is impressive. Various "red" stand out in London, but the big impressive one among them is probably a bright two-storey bus. The name is also called "double decker", and many old and new car bodies are running throughout the city.


     If you are interested in London, please read it. I recommend it.


Escott John.(1995)."London".Oxford: Oxford University Press

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....