2017年10月18日水曜日

BR1: The Promise


' This boy will grow up and become famous,' she continued. ' He will be well-known all over the world. He will give happiness to many people.'

     Today I read The Promise, a book in the Macmillan Readers series.It was written by R.L. Scott-Buccleuch.

     I chose this book because I was attracted to the title of it. I got feeling that the story filled with moral. This story starts from a poor family in Brazil. When a son who was named Paulo was born, an old woman predicted that he will make his parents rich and happy. He had wonderful talent for soccer so he joined a famous soccer club. After then, he got fame and wealth. But he was thrown into crisis because of injury of hip foot. Slowly but surely he grown up in his ambivalent-love, hate, dependence, and resentment all at the same time think it is a probability story in reality. Because I had an interest in this story, I went on reading it in a rush. Also, some illustration of it is very wonderful and it help me to read it. I felt that no one can live alone through this story. So I always want to thank to someone who help me. And I want to be a person who always help someone.


This story is so wonderful. So if you are interested, please read it. I recommend it.

R.L. Scott-Buccleuch, (1977). The promise. America: MacMillan Readers.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....