2019年1月16日水曜日

BR8: The Love of a King

     Today I read " The Love of a King", a book in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Peter Dainty.

     All he wanted to do was to marry the woman he loved. But his country said 'No!!' He was Edward VIII, King of Great Britain, King of India, King of Australia, and King of 39 other countries. And he loved the wrong woman. She was very beautiful and she loved him - but she was already married to another man. It was a love story that shook the world. The King had to choose: to be a King, or to have love... and leave his country, never to return.

     Because the woman who was in love was married, the life of King King who threw away the throne. Because I did not know about Edward VIII and Wallis, I did not know what the relationship between the two would be, so I went through reading like fiction. So it was very exciting. Just in Japan, as the royal family abdicate and marriage became a hot topic, I read while thinking about that. I thought vaguely what I meant to be born and raised in the royal family and what I would feel for royalty marriage partners.

     If youb are interested, please read it. I recommend it.

Dainty Peter. (1989). "The Love of a King". Oxford: Oxford University Press





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....