2019年1月16日水曜日

BR7: The elephant man

    Today, I read "the Elephant Man", a book in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Tim Vicary.

     He is not beautiful. His mother does not want him, children run away from him. People laugh at him, and call him 'The elephant man'. The someone speaks to him - and listens to him! At the age of 27, joseph Merrick finds a friend for the first time in his life. This is a true and tragic story. It is now also a famous film.

     It is a story of a man who has a quite different form from a person. It is a very sad story. Sometimes his beloved mother appeared, and my heart is hurting when I imagine various things. After reading it, I ask myself, "Was Merrick happy?" I think that his life was not happy. But he was able to die in the kindness and warmth of many people, I thought. Thinking that, it seemed like a story that was sad but warm.

     If you are interested, please read it. I recommend it.

Vicary tim. (2000). "The Elephant Man". Oxford: Oxford University Press

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....