2019年1月17日木曜日

BR11: The Black Cat

     Today I read " The Black Cat", a book in the Macmillan Heinemann ELT series. It was written by John Milne and illustrated by Peter Edwards.

     'Can I help You?'said the manager. 'Yes,' replied Salahadin. 'My name is Salahadin El Nur. I'm a police inspector. I want to speak to Mr. Pearson.' 'Dp you mean Mr. Pearson, the archaeologist?' asked the manager. 'Yes,' replied Salahadin. 'I'm sorry. You can't speak to Mr. Pearson, sir,' said the manager. 'Oh,' said Salahadin in surprise. 'Why not?' 'Mr.Pearson is dead,' replied the manager. 'He was found dead in his room this morning. Mr. Pearson was murdered'

     Personally, it was not a type that I liked overall, but the preface of the black cat .is very interested.

The preface: You are not going to believe this story. But it is a true story, as true as I sit here writing it - as true as I will die in the morning.

     If you are interested, please read it. I recommend it.

Milne John. (2007). "The Glack Cat". Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann ELT







     

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BR16: The Death of Karen Silkwood

     Today I read "The Death of Karen Silkwood" , abook in the Oxford University Press series. It was written by Joyce Hannam....